- Department Overview
- MSE Programs
- Student Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff
- Department Activities
- Mines & Met Academy
Current Job Opportunities
614 859 1343
NUCOR has a number of plant opportunities available for young technical graduates as well as for qualified experience candidates for which Z-Careers does all of their searches. As we discussed, anyone who you may know may have an interest can e-mail me with their resume along with their desired career/job goal(s), I can examine the openings available and then call them to review possibilities to determine if they have any interest. New openings become available weekly as NUCOR has over 11,000 employees- and since in business over 40 years, a number of personnel are now reaching retirement.
Z-Careers represents NUCOR STEEL as their recruiters. We have a number of great job opportunities relative to steel mill operations. These areas include engineering, sales, power distribution, electrical project engineer, environmental, finance, safety, maintenance, metallurgical, and design. Locations are through-out the U.S.A., wherever NUCOR plants or sales districts are located
Job Title: Process engineer- Powder metallurgy
Location: Euclid (Cleveland) OH.
Description: The Process Engineer will be responsible for refining and scaling up production of hierarchical nanocomposite powder metallurgy products, including high temperature, wear resistant, and multifunctional metallic composites. The Process Engineer will work with the engineering team to take bench-top processes into pilot and full-scale production, including the production of aerospace parts. Position leads to product line manager or business unit manager opportunities. Engineer will lead process design, pilot plant scale up, and equipment installation to support prototyping and limited initial production of multifunacitonal powder metallurgy composites.
- Evaluate, implement, and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacture of new multifunctional powder metallurgy composite products.
- Create/edit/maintain necessary documentation including work instructions, standard operating procedures and safety documentation.
- Design, identify, repair, set up, refurbish, install and run various equipment, i.e., spray dryers, powder processing equipment, isostatic presses, furnaces, vacuum pumps etc.
- Specify raw materials and manage their safety and environmental impact at the facility.
- Support the conversion of lab-scale processes into commercially viable operations.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
- Manage projects to meet performance req., budgets, stakeholder expectations, and schedules
- Initiate product improvement programs, including proposal and collaboration development.
Skills and Specifications
- Technologically savvy. Able to use sound technical judgement to make decisions
- Good communicator. Able to organize, analyze, and present information to forward action.
- Project management. Able to prioritize and focus on goals and decision points.
- Mechanical and electronic aptitude: able to troubleshoot gas/hydraulic, furnace, and control systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or applied sciences and five (5) or more years of experience required. Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Experience processing powder metallurgy and/or metal matrix composites required.
- Scale-up experience in a production or pilot production environment.
- Strong understanding of materials science/metallurgy
- Experience in high temperature materials, thermal protection systems, and oxidation resistant coatings a plus
- Knowledge of powder metallurgy processes, including sintering, isostatic pressing, hot pressing, SPS, and powder and mechanical property characterization highly desired
The Company: Powdermet is a world leader in multifunctional and nano-enabled powder metallurgy, working for over twenty years making materials do more™ and creating dramatically innovative nano-engineered products for both government and private industry. Powdermet serves as a materials science incubator, and has a rich history of research and development of products. Recognitions include three R&D 100 awards, Nine materials science property records, 18 materials systems commercialized leading to 11 licenses and new company launches. Full benefits, medical, health, disability. Unique opportunity to rapidly advance in responsibilities and be involved of all aspects of development and commercialization.
Contact: Nicholas Farkas, Engineering Manager, Powdermet, Inc. 24112 Rockwell Drive, Euclid, Ohio 44117, email@example.com, 216-404-0053x153