- Department Overview
- MSE Programs
- Student Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff
- Department Activities
- Mines & Met Academy
Materials Science & Engineering Missouri University of Science and Technology 223 McNutt Hall Rolla, MO65409-0340 Phone:(573) 341-4730 Fax:(573) firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Von L. Richards
Chancellor's Professor of Metallurgical Engineering
Physical Metallurgy of Casting Alloys
Mold - Metal Reactions
Melting and Refinig of Ferrous Alloys
Cast Alloy Machinability
Met 222 Metals Processing Laboratory
Met 307 - Metals Casting (also available on distance education)
Met 308 Metal Casting Laboratory
Met 305 Non-Destructive Testing (also available on distance education)
Met 421 Ferrous Metals Casting (also available on distance education)
1) Age Strengthening of Cast Iron: Review of Research and Literature,” J. Teague and V. Richards, International Journal of Metalcasting, 4(2), Spring 2010, p 45-58, 2010.
2) “Microstructure and Properties of Nb, V and N Modified Cb7Cu-1 (17-4 PH) Steel,” A. Murthy, S. Lekakh, V. Richards, and D. Van Aken, International Journal of Metalcasting, 4(2), Spring 2010, p 59-70, 2010.
3) “Age Strengthening of Gray Iron – Kinetics Study;” V.L. Richards, T. V. Anish, S.N. Lekakh, D.C. Van Aken, and Wayne Nicola, International Journal of Metalcasting, v10, p 7-18, 2008.
4) Prediction of Burn-on and Mould Penetration in Steel Casting Using Simulation,” B. E. Brooks, C. Beckermann and V. L. Richards, International Journal of Cast Metals Research, v 20(4), p 177-190, 2007.
5. “Investigation of a Two-Stage Aqueous Reactor Design for Carbon Dioxide Sequestration Using Steelmaking Slag,” S.N. Lekakh, D.G.C. Robertson, C.H. Rawlins, V.L. Richards, and K.D. Peaslee, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 39B(3) June 2008, p 484-492.
6) “Kinetics of Aqueous Leaching and Carbonization of Steelmaking Slag,” S.N. Lekakh, C.H. Rawlins, D.G.C. Robertson, V.L. Richards, and K.D. Peaslee, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, v 39B, Feb. 2008, p 125-134.
Click here for a complete list of publications.
Click here for biographical information.